Boric Acid to Treat Bacterial Vaginosis

Hi ladies! It's been a while since my last post, but I'm back with a review on using boric acid for treating bacterial vaginosis. I decided to try Boric Acid – specifically the BoriCap boric acid available on Amazon to treat my chronic BV – a while ago. I actually bought these pills way back in October of 2017, but I was terrified to actually try them until this February!!



You see, Boric Acid is commonly recommended for treating BV, but it's also incredibly dangerous to take it orally. For some reason it creeped me out that a powder that was potentially fatal should be put inside my vagina. Boric acid is essentially an acid crystalline that comes from borax and can be used as an antiseptic compound, or when developing heat resistant glass. Doesn't exactly sound super safe to go inside my vagina.

Most of the reviews for BoriCap are immensely positive though, and the product was developed specifically for treating BV (not making heat resistant glass) so I decided I would give it a shot! Because of the skeptic that I am, I always read negative reviews too so that I know what I am getting into. The main complaint of BoriCap was that it cause a painful sensation inside the vagina due to the acidic nature. These complaints were few and far between but it was enough to scare me to wait over a year to finally try these capsules!

Treatment using boric acid varies, but I decided to follow the instructions on the back of my bottle. I was to insert 2 suppositories daily for 14 days.

Now, the instructions say you can just insert them with your fingers, but I had some leftover vaginal insertion tubes from my Metronidazole treatments. These fit the capsules perfectly allowing me to slide them up as far as they would go, and push the bottom part upwards to push out the capsule inside, just like a tampon.

You can purchase your own vaginal suppository applicators and reuse them, or you can buy a Boric Acid suppository & applicator combination and get both products at once!

Less than 24 hours after my first suppository insert, I had a good amount of thin liquid discharge coming out of me. For that reason, you should plan on wearing a low to medium absorption pad while inserting these pills.

I only had the utlra-thin panty liners on hand that I use daily and these worked, but I wish I had bought a light to medium absorption pad to use during this treatment, as the discharge was more than I expected.

I also was curious how quickly the treatment would take effect. I would say that within 2-3 days of using Boric Acid, the smell of my vagina was completely gone! Each time I used an insert, a discharge would be present on the outside, and I would smell the applicator to know what was going on in my vagina. Sure enough, on the first day, the same old fishy smell was present on the applicator. After using about 3 Boric Acid pills, I noticed the smell was completely gone. There was no smell present on the applicator at all!

The only problem was finding a way to lower my treatment using Boric Acid so that I would not have this constant liquid discharge. Inserting two pills daily isn't ideal for long term use either. Mid-way through my treatment, I'm hoping there is a way to use less over time. Once a week would be ideal!


Comments

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment