Yogurt as a Cure for Bacterial Vaginosis

Many people have recommended yogurt as a way to cure Bacterial Vaginosis because it has active cultures of probiotic strains such as Lactobacillus Acidophilus. A good suggestion is to eat about 8 oz of yogurt every day. While this can be helpful, it's not a cure on its own. In fact, many women claim it's more effective to get the good bacteria directly where it needs to be - yes, that's right, you need the yogurt up your vagina.

Many women recommend inserting an Apple Cider Vinegar soaked tampon for a few hours during the day, and then doing the yogurt method at night.

WHAT KIND OF YOGURT:
I recommend buying fat free, natural, unpasteurized, plain greek yogurt. Don't buy any flavors and pick the one with the least amount of sugar. Make sure it has active cultures.

HOW TO GET IT UP THERE:
There are several ways to go about doing this. One is soaking a tampon in yogurt and then leaving it in for a few hours. What I did was wash out the plastic applicator from my Metronidazole gel, and insert yogurt instead. You can purchase one very similar to the one I use on Amazon. If you don't have an applicator, I've also read that you can somehow use a spoon. But I don't have experience with that, so maybe a tampon is the best option for those who don't have an applicator.

You can either use one tampon, push it out halfway, soak that end, and then insert. Or, you can soak a regular tampon and then put it inside a super container before inserting it (I think this is more work so I prefer the sticking-out-halfway method). Regardless, it's hard to get a fully saturated tampon back into the applicator, so I don't recommend taking the tampon out completely. You might end up using your hands to push it directly into your vagina without the applicator. (Please wash up before doing this!)

HOW MUCH YOGURT: 
I inserted about a quarter-sized amount of yogurt using my applicator. You don't need too much because it will all come out of you messily throughout the next day. For this reason, you should wear a panty liner.

Comments

  1. U r awesome for breaking this down like that. I struggle with the prescriptions and was looking into alternate forms of treatment. I have read about this method but couldn't figure out how to insert so never attempted it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacterial vaginitis is one of the mildest vaginal infection that is caused due to the imbalance between the good and bad bacteria present in vagina. This is not a serious problem but the symptoms are very annoying. The good news is that the condition is treatable and there are various Natural Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginitis which can help to get rid of it quickly. Medicines can cause some side effects too, so it is better to try Ayurvedic Remedies for Bacterial Vaginitis as they are completely safe and effective too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried eating garlic, and it heals, maybe you can try it out too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment