Using Probiotics to Treat Bacterial Vaginosis

I began taking probiotic supplements orally as one of my first attempts to cure my Bacterial Vaginosis. I actually took them while taking Metronidazole. The strain you want to take is Lactobacillus Acidophilus. This is the strain also found in yogurt, but I found it more convenient to take it in a pill form every day. I was actually taking one in the morning and one in the evening.

I bought the cheap $9 bottle from my pharmacy, and while they did keep the BV away for the same month as I was on the Metronidazole antibiotics, they did not cure BV completely. The kind I bought is called Accuflora Pro-biotic Acidophilus, 60-Count.

So, while I think taking Lactobacillus Acidophilus Probiotic supplements is great for keeping BV away after taking antibiotics, I think the supplements are not a long-term solution by themselves. The reason for this is that the probiotics are only going through your digestive tract, in hopes that some of the good bacteria will migrate to the vaginal tract. All in all, I recommend Probiotics as a supplement to your treatment of BV, and as way to keep it at bay once you've been cured. 

Here is a cheap bottle you can buy directly from Amazon:

Comments

  1. How long did it take to work and what did you use exactly? ProBio? Plexus powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I just saw your question! I think you asked this on another post, but I'm going to answer here too.

      I've on month 4 of using the Plexus Tri-Plex combo (Slim, Probio5, BioCleanse). My BV is GONE!! And I have not had one hint of a yeast infection. I noticed my symptoms were all gone by week 3.

      Plexus is marketed widely as a weight-loss company, but they are a health and wellness company with all natural products. By targeting your gut health by killing off Candida overgrowth, you're body will start balancing out and functioning the way it should. They know their stuff and their products work.

      I'd love to help you any way I can. You can email me at amydigiacomo5@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I used the brand mentioned and I did notice results within the first day! However this could have been because of the Metro gel as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is lot of articles on the web about this. But I like yours more, although i found one that’s more descriptive.
    renew life supplements

    ReplyDelete
  4. Digestive health is much more than having no stomach problems. A lot of the immune response is concentrated in the gut. There, beneficial bacteria fight against pathogens and harmful microorganisms.

    If anything happens to disturb the gut balance, the health consequences could be serious.

    Most people experience problems whenever the delicate flora of the intestines gets disturb. A treatment with antibiotics, for example, can destroy many of the beneficial bacteria and cause a range of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An after effect is also experienced by an individual such as those leading to yeast infection, home remedies for bacterial vaginosis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Recently I started taking banana flour from Brazil and worked! Banana flour is a prebiotic that feeds your gut and makes better environment for the bacterias in your intestine. I have been using for the last 3 months and my BV seems to be under control. I am also doing another thing, I dry myself with a hairdryer before I put my underwear. With this combination I have been free for 3 months! I hope I can help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you use the banana flour? Cool it.... mix it in a drink?

      Delete
  7. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment